Sugar wax is a simple at-home hair removal method that is made using a honey-like paste and a microwave! As opposed to traditional hair removal methods, it is considered gentler for the skin and less painful. The preparation process of making sugar wax is super simple – you probably have all the ingredients you need in the pantry.
To prepare your sugar wax in the microwave, all you’ll need are three ingredients: lemon juice, water, and sugar. Then, when you have all the ingredients, simply pour half a cup of sugar into a microwave-safe container, add two tablespoons of lemon juice, and two tablespoons of water. Next, ensure you mix everything thoroughly – with no sugar particles on the edges of the bowl – then place the bowl in the microwave for three and a half minutes.
To Make Sugar Wax In the Microwave, follow these steps:
- Assemble The Ingredients.
- Mix The Ingredients.
- Heat The Ingredients.
- Allow The Mixture To Cool.
How To Make Sugar Wax Using A Microwave?
To make sugar wax using a microwave, start by assembling the ingredients.
Step 1: Assemble The Ingredients
- Half a cup of sugar (either brown or white sugar works).
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice (Another acidic fluid you could use is lime juice or apple cider vinegar).
- Two tablespoons of water.
- Two bowls (Ensure that these are both microwave-safe and heat-safe. To be safe, you may want to consider using a glass container, too).
Step 2: Mix The Ingredients
- In one bowl, pour half a cup of your desired sugar into it.
- Then, add two tablespoons of water to the sugar.
- Then, add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps or sugar particles sticking to the side of the bowl.
Step 3: Heat The Ingredients
At this stage, the first thing you’ll want to do is:
- Ensure your microwave is plugged in and turned on.
- Place the bowl containing your sugar wax mixture into the middle of the microwave.
- Then, at the highest temperature, heat the mixture for three and a half minutes.
Step 4: Allow The Mixture To Cool
- Once the mixture has melted, carefully remove it from the microwave oven oven-mittens.
- Transfer the sugar wax to another heat-safe container.
- Place the bowl on the counter and allow it to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before you begin applying it to your skin.
Why Should You Use Sugar Wax?
There are several reasons why you should consider using sugar wax for hair removal. Here are a few benefits of this method:
1. It Is Made Using Readily Available Natural Ingredients
Lemon juice, water, and sugar are all ingredients that are incredibly simple to come across.
In addition to this, they are also pure and natural – they don’t contain any forms of chemicals that could be potentially harmful to the skin.
Hence, the chances of experiencing allergic reactions or irritation from these ingredients are extremely minimal.
2. Reduces The Risks Of Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown hairs are typically the result of aggressive hair removal practices, these can leave the skin feeling sore and irritated.
When the hair attempts to grow back, it will grow into the skin which could lead to cyst infections. Avoid this through sugar waxing.
3. Easily Rinsed Off
Once you have finished your waxing session, the clean-up is extremely easy.
Thanks to the sugar’s water-soluble properties, all you have to do is rinse the skin to remove any excess.
4. Waxing Slows Down The Hair Growth Process
Since sugar waxing pulls the hair from the root, it causes follicle damage. This means that the hairs will grow slower, or stop growing entirely.
5. Re-Do Any Missed Spots
The beauty of sugar wax is that it can be reapplied as many times as necessary to remove the hair without irritating the skin.
Hence, if you notice any spots you’ve missed, you can reapply your sugar wax to make sure you’re removing all the hair.
6. You Are In Complete Control
Rather than using traditional wax that requires the practice of skilled individuals, sugar wax can be done entirely from home without a professional.
The wax temperature is typically determined by the person applying it to your skin. However, with sugar waxing, you’ve prepared it yourself.
Therefore, providing you with the perfect temperature for your requirements.
7. Great For Sensitive Skin
Sugar wax doesn’t stick entirely to your skin, meaning that the peeling-off process is much gentler.
How To Apply Sugar Wax?
Begin by heating the sugar wax mixture in the microwave for three and a half minutes on high.
Step 1: Ensure The Wax Has Cooled To Room Temperature
The wax doesn’t need to be hot to work. Unlike other types of wax, it can work perfectly fine when cool.
Step 2: Scoop And Apply
When removing the wax from the container, you may want to use a butter knife, popsicle stick, or even your fingers if you don’t mind the mess.
Apply it gently by pressing it down onto your skin, going in the direction of hair growth on your skin.
Step 3: Firmly Remove The Wax
Here, you’ll need a firm grip on the end of the wax, and pull it quickly and hard in the opposite direction of the growing hair.
During the waxing process, just remember that you can reuse the sugar wax by rolling it between your palms and reapplying it until it loses its stick.
Sugar waxing is a great solution if you’re looking to remove your body hair using a cheap, quick, and natural method.
With only three simple ingredients and around 30 minutes of your time, you’ll have this sugar wax whipped up. Great if you’re looking for all the benefits of wax without the price tag!
Hopefully, this guide has informed you how to make sugar wax using a microwave.